- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 cooked steak, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Stir in potatoes. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add steak, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook on low 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted; keep warm. Prepare eggs as desired. Divide hash among four plates and top with an egg. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Steak Hash
Sort By :
Great recipe! Try adding a combination of red and green bell peppers for more color. I recommend topping with poached eggs, but fried with a splash of hot sauce would be good too.
Yummy! A great way to use up leftovers. Would be fantastic with Pepper Jack Cheese.
Thank Mrs. Nowakowski for this great recipe!
**Sincerely** - (Kathy Joscelyn from Oxford, NY - 30 mi. north of Binghamton)