Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Black beans, rinsed and drained, and guacamole
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in oil until crisp-tender. Slice steak into thin strips across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with onion and the reserved tomato relish. Serve with black beans and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 309 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Steak Fajitas
"I had to modify this to suit ingredients I had on hand. To save money I used thin-cut round steak--will not do that again! I substituted green bell pepper for the jalapeno, had to omit the cilantro. It was good, but it would have been better if I had followed the recipe more closely. Will try again."
"LOVE THESE! I used two jalapenos for extra heat and it made these really spicy and good."
"The tomato relish is awesome it really makes the fajitas amazing!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.