Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Black beans, rinsed and drained, and guacamole
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in oil until crisp-tender. Slice steak into thin strips across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with onion and the reserved tomato relish. Serve with black beans and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 309 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein .
Reviews for Steak Fajitas
"I had to modify this to suit ingredients I had on hand. To save money I used thin-cut round steak--will not do that again! I substituted green bell pepper for the jalapeno, had to omit the cilantro. It was good, but it would have been better if I had followed the recipe more closely. Will try again."
"LOVE THESE! I used two jalapenos for extra heat and it made these really spicy and good."
"The tomato relish is awesome it really makes the fajitas amazing!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.