Steak Diane Recipe
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1. Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add green onion and mustard; cook 1 minute. Add steaks; cook 2-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium 160°; well-done 170°).
- 2. Remove steaks to a serving platter and keep warm. In same skillet, add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and remaining butter; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley and chives. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 231 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Steak Diane
"A little tangy, just not my style"
"Super easy. I made one steak only and didn't cut down the rest of the ingredients so I could have some extra sauce over rice. Very tasty."
"This is absolutely delicious!! I usually grill or broil my steaks but I think that has now changed. The steak was tender and tasty! Deffinetely a keeper!!"
"Wonderful! This is the first time I've made a Steak Diane recipe and it turned it out so well! I used top sirloin steaks and it worked just a well. Definite keeper!"
"This didn't turn out well for me. It turned out dry and chewy- but maybe that was me."