Steak Diane Recipe
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1. Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add green onion and mustard; cook 1 minute. Add steaks; cook 2-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium 160°; well-done 170°).
- 2. Remove steaks to a serving platter and keep warm. In same skillet, add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and remaining butter; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley and chives. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 231 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Steak Diane
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.