- toasted sides with garlic halves; set aside.
- Place tomatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8
- pepper; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until
- softened, stirring once.
- Sprinkle steak with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a large
- skillet over medium heat, cook steak for 6-7 minutes on each side or
- until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove
- from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic;
- cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Add whiskey; cook over
- medium heat until liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add blue cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from
- the heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Thinly slice beef; arrange over baguette slices. Top with tomatoes
- and drizzle with sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 122 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.