Steak Crostini with Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
My husband and I love to have just appetizers for dinner so the mini sandwich was the perfect thing to make since I could use one of the steaks in the freezer. My husband went nuts over it and said it was the best thing I have ever made for him.—Amy Chase, Vanderhoof, British Columbia
- 16 slices sourdough baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 boneless beef top loin steak (1 inch thick and 10 ounces)
- BLUE CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place baguette slices on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Rub toasted sides with garlic halves; set aside.
- 2. Place tomatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 pepper; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until softened, stirring once.
- 3. Sprinkle steak with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steak for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- 4. In the same skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Add whiskey; cook over medium heat until liquid is evaporated.
- 5. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add blue cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 6. Thinly slice beef; arrange over baguette slices. Top with tomatoes and drizzle with sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
1 appetizer: 122 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Steak Crostini with Roasted Tomatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC