Steak Chili Recipe
—DeAnn Hill, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 1-1/2 pounds beef eye round roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large skillet, brown steak until meat is no longer pink. Drain, discarding all but 2 tablespoons drippings. Set meat aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in drippings for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return meat to pan. Add the tomato sauce, 1 cup water, V8 juice, hot pepper sauce and spices; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 2-1/2 hours.
- 3. Combine flour with remaining water; whisk into chili. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cook 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 185 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 vegetable, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Steak Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC