Steak Burritos Recipe
- 2 beef flank steaks (about 1 pound each)
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1. Cut steaks in half; rub with taco seasoning. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with onion, chilies and vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove steaks and cool slightly; shred meat with two forks. Return to slow cooker; heat through.
- 3. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture near the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, tomato and sour cream. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-sodium taco seasoning, fat-free tortillas, reduced-fat cheese and fat-free sour cream) equals 339 calories, 10 g fat (0 saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.