Steak au Poivre Recipe
Here is an elegant entree that can be prepared in under 30 minutes! Tender meat and a great peppery flavor is accompanied by a rich cream sauce and fresh shiitake mushrooms.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steaks in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushroom in remaining oil. Add thyme; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Add brandy; cook over medium heat until liquid is evaporated. Stir in cream. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steak au Poivre in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p20
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak au Poivre(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >