- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 10 ounces beef top sirloin steak
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. Cut steak thinly across the grain, then cut slices in half; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 4 minutes; remove and set aside. Add meat; stir-fry for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add the tomatoes, water chestnuts and green pepper mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steak and Vegetables in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p62
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak and Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
"This is also very good leftover and reheated the next day."