- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 10 ounces beef top sirloin steak
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. Cut steak thinly across the grain, then cut slices in half; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 4 minutes; remove and set aside. Add meat; stir-fry for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add the tomatoes, water chestnuts and green pepper mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steak and Vegetables in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p62
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak and Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
This is also very good leftover and reheated the next day.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >