Steak and Vegetable Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 whole cloves
- Dash dried basil
- 2-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/4 inch pieces
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 small zucchini squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients; set aside. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread meat and vegetables.
- 2. Place in a large glass dish. Pour marinade over kabobs; cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, turning several times. Discard cloves.
- 3. Grill over medium-hot heat until the meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving equals 195 calories, 10 g fat (0 saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat, 1-1/2 vegetable.
Reviews for Steak and Vegetable Kabobs
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.