Steak and Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
You'll make any get-together special with these attractive kabobs. Cubes of marinated steak are skewered with shrimp, mushrooms, tomatoes, green peppers and onions, then grilled. For picnics, I assemble the kabobs at home and carry them in a large container. -Karen Mergener, St. Croix, Minnesota
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and quartered
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, shrimp, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and tomatoes; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place kabobs over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 6 minutes, turning once. Baste with sauce. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and beef reaches desired doneness. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC