Steak and Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and quartered
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, shrimp, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and tomatoes; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place kabobs over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 6 minutes, turning once. Baste with sauce. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and beef reaches desired doneness. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Steak and Shrimp Kabobs
"When we cook this, we always make extra for leftover and it tastes delicious."
"I omitted the steak and marinated everything including the vegetables. Yum."
"I absolutely loved these and so did the rest of my bunch! Great flavor they were definetly work the work! These are a keeper!"
"Whenever we make this recipe we double it right away for leftovers. It is the best! We just had it for Father's Day and the kids were all delighted and couldn't stop eating it. We also made the Mediterranean Potatoes which pairs quite well together."
"I am so glad to have this recipe again! I lost it when our home burnt down last year. I have made this recipe many times and it is always a hit. I also make the marinade and use chicken pieces instead of kabobs."
"So good!! Everyone loved these. Iwill be making this often during the summer grilling months!"
"This is one AMAZING marinade! We also added pineapple chunks. We loved it so much that we planned each occasion throughout the year (birthdays, 4th of July) that we could make it again! Huge tip: we used Lawry's Terriyaki Marinade in the recipe, and Dole canned pineapple in 100% pineapple juice - NOT heavy syrup. Many THANKS to YOU, Karen from Minnesota!"
"Very good. My family liked it too. I added pineapple chunks. Am making this for the second time tomorrow."
"This sounds very tasty, I will be trying it since I have all the ingredients here at home. Thank you very much."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.