Steak and Potato Salad
"After working all week, my husband and I like to spend a lot of time with our two kids on weekends," says Linda Emily Dow of Princeton Junction, New Jersey. "That's when this recipe comes in handy. We marinate the meat in the fridge overnight, then grill it quickly for a fast, filling meal."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (2 pounds)
- 6 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, oil and soy
- sauce; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour
- or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak over medium heat or broil 3-4
- in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Slice into thin strips across the grain and place in a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes, green pepper, onions, parsley and dressing; toss
- to coat. Serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven