Steak and Potato Pie Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Dash ground ginger
- Dash ground allspice
- 1 pound beef top round steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, ginger and allspice; set aside 2 tablespoons. Add meat to
- 2. bag; seal and toss to coat.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook meat and onions in oil over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink and onions are tender. Gradually stir in reserved flour mixture. Add potatoes and water; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender.
- 4. Meanwhile, for pastry, in a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- 5. Divide pastry in half so that one ball is slightly larger than the other. On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger ball to fit a 10-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- 6. Brush top with egg. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 387 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,019 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Steak and Potato Pie
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.