- until meat is no longer pink and onions are tender. Gradually stir
- in reserved flour mixture. Add potatoes and water; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are
- Meanwhile, for pastry, in a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut
- in shortening. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough
- forms a ball.
- Divide pastry in half so that one ball is slightly larger than the
- other. On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger ball to fit a
- 10-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even
- with edge of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit
- top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut
- slits in top.
- Brush top with egg. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until
- golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 387 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,019 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.