Gloria transforms the sauce and one of the remaining steaks into this spectacular soup, which she serves with a tossed salad and fresh-baked rolls. Topped with Swiss cheese and croutons, the nicely seasoned soup can't be beat.
- 1 cooked steak, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups Mushroom Sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Herb-flavored croutons
- Shredded Swiss cheese
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes. Top servings with croutons and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steak and Mushroom Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 1998
Reviews for Steak and Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2010
"I would like to try this recipe but don't know what the mushroom sauce is?"