Steak and Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 beef top round steak (10 ounces), cut into two pieces
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1. Place green pepper and onion in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; top with beef. In a small bowl, combine soup and water; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with round steak and gravy. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece of steak with 2/3 cup gravy and 3/4 cup noodles (prepared with reduced-sodium soup and no-yolk noodles) equals 354 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.