Steak and Mushroom Sauce
This slow cooker recipe from Lois Hedke is light on ingredients and big on taste. “This is our favorite ‘quickie’” says the South Rockwood, Michigan resident. “All you need is a salad to make it a meal.”
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 beef top round steak (10 ounces), cut into two pieces
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Place green pepper and onion in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; top with
- beef. In a small bowl, combine soup and water; pour over meat. Cover
- and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with round
- steak and gravy. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece of steak with 2/3 cup gravy and 3/4 cup noodles (prepared with reduced-sodium soup and no-yolk noodles) equals 354 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.