This slow cooker recipe from Lois Hedke is light on ingredients and big on taste. “This is our favorite ‘quickie’” says the South Rockwood, Michigan resident. “All you need is a salad to make it a meal.”
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 beef top round steak (10 ounces), cut into two pieces
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Place green pepper and onion in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; top with beef. In a small bowl, combine soup and water; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with round steak and gravy. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Round Steak in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p27
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak and Mushroom Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review