Steak and Blue Cheese Crescents Recipe
Grilled steak, blue cheese and bacon make my crescents some of the heartiest, most satisfying starters you’ll ever eat. I roll up the filling in wedges of refrigerated pie pastry.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 beef ribeye steak (12 ounces)
- 2/3 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, coarse pepper and seasoned salt. Rub over each side of steak.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Transfer to a cutting board; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into 12 slices.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the walnuts, blue cheese, parsley and pepper. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. circle. Spread with walnut mixture; cut into 12 wedges.
- Top each wedge with a steak slice, bacon and onion. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Curve ends to form crescents. Brush with milk; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Steak and Blue Cheese Crescents in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Steak and Blue Cheese Crescents(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >