Steak And Bean Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound round steak, cubed
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and steak over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Round steak is one of the least expensive cuts of meat and contains the least marbling. Fresh round steak should have a bright to deep red color and only a small amount of fat on the edge.
1 each: 250 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 24g protein.