Steak And Bean Chili
My husband, Steve, actually created the recipe for this meaty chili when he was in high school...he entered a chili cook-off contest and won! I'm usually the one who makes this now, but Steve insists the way he makes it is better!
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound round steak, cubed
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and steak over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup and seasonings; bring to a
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until thick and
- bubbly. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2
Round steak is one of the least expensive cuts of meat and contains the least marbling. Fresh round steak should have a bright to deep red color and only a small amount of fat on the edge.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 250 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 525 mg sodium,