My husband, Steve, actually created the recipe for this meaty chili when he was in high school...he entered a chili cook-off contest and won! I'm usually the one who makes this now, but Steve insists the way he makes it is better!
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound round steak, cubed
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and steak over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Steak And Bean Chili in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p130
Reviews for Steak And Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review