Steak 'N' Vegetable Soup Recipe
"This hearty soup calls for a lot of fresh herbs to enhance the flavor of the other ingredients," shares Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. The aroma while it is cooking is absolutely wonderful. I like to serve steaming bowls alongside a green salad and baking powder biscuits."
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the potatoes, carrots and peas. Add the broth, water, vinegar, parsley, chives, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Steak 'N' Vegetable Soup in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p54
Reviews for Steak 'N' Vegetable Soup(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2013
I like "chunky" soups and this was great! I used stew meat in place of the steak, beef bouillon cubes instead of the beef stock, and omitted the chives. I would make this again.
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2012
The balsamic vinegar makes the soup!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >