- greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Place reserved onion slices over
- the top.
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a
- time, tossing with a fork until dough a ball. On a floured surface,
- roll out dough to fit baking dish. Place over filling; trim and
- flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or
- until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 420 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now