- 1 pound beef top round steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes
- Cut beef into bite-size pieces; brown in oil in a skillet. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Cover with water; add tomato sauce and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours, or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until gravy is thickened. Serve with rice or potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak 'n' Gravy
Sort By :
This was very tender and tasty. Easy to prepare. I skipped the garlic powder and tossed in a few onions instead.
Mmmm good stuff,I like it better without the cumin though.