- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup frozen french fried potatoes
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, vinegar and water. Refrigerate.
- Prepare french fries according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steak strips over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- On two salad plates, arrange the lettuce, tomato and onion. Top with french fries, steak and cheese. Whisk dressing; drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Steak 'n' Fries Salad
Sort By :
Great salad. I come from the Pittsburgh area where steak and fries salad are commonplace. I did cheat on this one and use leftover steak. Dressing was memorable.
My daughter is a finiky eater and not to fond of salads but loves french fries she inhaled the salad and is always requesting for me to make it again.