- 1/2 pound cooked beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 French rolls, split
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a large skillet, saute the steak, onion and Worcestershire sauce for 4-6 minutes or until onion is tender. Spoon onto roll bottoms; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with ketchup. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now