- 1/2 pound cooked beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 French rolls, split
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a large skillet, saute the steak, onion and Worcestershire sauce for 4-6 minutes or until onion is tender. Spoon onto roll bottoms; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with ketchup. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Steak 'n' Cheese Subs in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p54
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak 'n' Cheese Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Sandwiches >