Debbie Stadtler of Fredericksburg, Virginia calls for flank steak in her easy, cheesy subs, but you could use any kind of leftover steak. “I like to serve them with extra ketchup for dipping,” she says.
- 1/2 pound cooked beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 French rolls, split
- 1/3 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a large skillet, saute the steak, onion and Worcestershire sauce for 4-6 minutes or until onion is tender. Spoon onto roll bottoms; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with ketchup. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Steak 'n' Cheese Subs in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p54
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak 'n' Cheese Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review