Steak & New Potato Toss Recipe
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, grill steak, covered, over medium heat 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place broccoli in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic and seasonings until blended; stir in green onions. Cut steak into thin slices.
- 5. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, steak, broccoli and red pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to combine. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 411 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Steak & New Potato Toss
"This dish has become a staple in our home. I have altered it by adding a tablespoon of Crab Boil to the potato water. I then toss the parboiled potatoes in some olive oil then toss them in grated parmesan before placing them in a basket on the grill with the meat."
"I thought it was delicious and so did my husband. I did add salt, other than that it was perfect."
"Great dish hot or cold, hot is the best though. Always a favorite. This makes a lot but it's so good that it doesn't last long at all."
"Easy and tasty. I season the meat prior to cooking it and also add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the vinaigrette. Also used frozen brocolli (added it to the boiling water two minutes before potatos were done) and roasted red peppers since that's what I had on hand."
"this is a great recipe however I did do a couple things different, I sliced the meat before cooking it and that made the meat a lot more tender and I use salad dressing Vinaigrette."
"This is easy and very good we both loved it but thought the next time we will reduce the cider vinegar. We used leftover grilled steak too but you could use pork or chicken or fish. I have sent this on to my sister and our son who is a chef thank you so much."