Steak & New Potato Toss Recipe
- 1 pound small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- 3. Place broccoli florets in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, green onions, garlic, mustard, paprika and pepper.
- 4. Drain broccoli and potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add beef and red pepper; drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 411 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.