I usually use leftover barbecued steak to make this fabulous main dish salad. It’s pretty, too, with the red pepper, green broccoli and white potatoes. —Deyanne Davies, Rossland, British Columbia
Featured In: 32 Must-Try Summer Dinners for Two
- 1/2 pound small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 10 ounces beef top sirloin steak
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- Place broccoli florets in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine vinaigrette ingredients.
- Drain broccoli and potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add beef and red pepper; drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Steak & New Potato Toss for Two in Taste of Home
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Steak & New Potato Toss for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review