- 1/2 pound small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 10 ounces beef top sirloin steak
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- Place broccoli florets in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine vinaigrette ingredients.
- Drain broccoli and potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add beef and red pepper; drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Steak & New Potato Toss for Two in Taste of Home
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Steak & New Potato Toss for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review