I usually use leftover barbecued steak to make this fabulous main dish salad. It's pretty, too, with the red pepper, green broccoli and white potatoes. —Deyanne Davies, Rossland, British Columbia
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, grill steak, covered, over medium heat 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place broccoli in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic and seasonings until blended; stir in green onions. Cut steak into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, steak, broccoli and red pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to combine. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steak & New Potato Toss in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p67
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Steak & New Potato Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review