- 1 pound small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- Place broccoli florets in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, green onions, garlic, mustard, paprika and pepper.
- Drain broccoli and potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add beef and red pepper; drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Steak & New Potato Toss
Sort By :
"This dish has become a staple in our home. I have altered it by adding a tablespoon of Crab Boil to the potato water. I then toss the parboiled potatoes in some olive oil then toss them in grated parmesan before placing them in a basket on the grill with the meat."
"I thought it was delicious and so did my husband. I did add salt, other than that it was perfect."
"Great dish hot or cold, hot is the best though. Always a favorite. This makes a lot but it's so good that it doesn't last long at all."
"Easy and tasty. I season the meat prior to cooking it and also add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the vinaigrette. Also used frozen brocolli (added it to the boiling water two minutes before potatos were done) and roasted red peppers since that's what I had on hand."
"this is a great recipe however I did do a couple things different, I sliced the meat before cooking it and that made the meat a lot more tender and I use salad dressing Vinaigrette."