Steak & Mushroom Breakfast Hash
Yes, we call this savory dish a “breakfast” hash, but with delectable ingredients like mushrooms, cheddar cheese, zucchini and taters, we’re betting your family will love this meal at any time of the day. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 6 ounces cooked sirloin steak, thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 9 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and zucchini in 1 tablespoon butter in a
- large skillet until crisp-tender. Drain potatoes and add to the
- skillet. Stir in broth, mustard and rosemary. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Add steak; heat
- Fry eggs in remaining butter in another skillet as desired. Serve