Steak & Mushroom Breakfast Hash Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 6 ounces cooked sirloin steak, thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 9 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and zucchini in 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet until crisp-tender. Drain potatoes and add to the skillet. Stir in broth, mustard and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Add steak; heat through.
- Fry eggs in remaining butter in another skillet as desired. Serve with hash; sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steak & Mushroom Breakfast Hash in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p19
Reviews for Steak & Mushroom Breakfast Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >