Steak & Blue Cheese Bruschetta with Onion & Roasted Tomato Jam Recipe
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 6 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In large skillet, cook and stir onion in 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Place tomatoes in a shallow baking pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until softened. Lightly mash tomatoes; stir into onion.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese, blue cheese, garlic and remaining salt and pepper until blended.
- Brush both sides of baguette slices with remaining oil. Grill over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Sprinkle both sides of steaks with steak seasoning. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Spread cheese mixture onto toasts; top with steak and onion mixture. Drizzle with vinegar. Yield: 16 appetizers (3/4 cup tomato jam).
Reviews for Steak & Blue Cheese Bruschetta with Onion & Roasted Tomato Jam(3)
Sort By :
Saw this recipe prepared at ToH Cooking School. This is DELICIOUS! For non-bleu lovers, dont fret, the flavors meld so nicely you can hardly tell its there. Cant wait to make it for the holidays as an appetizer.
Roxanne Mountville, PA
Fantastic! Used queso fresco instead of blue cheese. Husband loved it.
Terrific appetizer that can serve as a meal. Took a short while to assemble, but very well worth it! Outstanding new way to prepare brushetta!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bruschetta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Bruschetta >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Tomato Bruschetta >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Winning Appetizers >
- Winning Comfort Food Recipes >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >