- 1 boneless beef chuck steak (1 pound), cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sour cream, optional
- In a Dutch oven, brown steak in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the bratwurst, onion and remaining oil to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Return steak to the pan. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, beer, corn, pizza sauce, chili powder, cumin and pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Steak & Beer Chili in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p55
Reviews for Steak & Beer Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review