Start-Your-Engine Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. For dressing, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until smooth. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, peppers, Parmesan cheese and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 146 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Start-Your-Engine Salad
"great salad, perfect for this summers fresh grown garden vegetables...very refreshing, easy to make and full of flavor"