Darlis Wilfer of Phelps, Wisconsin contributes a sensational salad to our menu. Her sweet-and-sour carrot dressing perfectly complements a combination of lettuce, tomatoes and peppers.
Featured In: Top 10 Fruit Salad Recipes
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- For dressing, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until smooth. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, peppers, Parmesan cheese and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Start-Your-Engine Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p49
Reviews for Start-Your-Engine Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2010
"great salad, perfect for this summers fresh grown garden vegetables...very refreshing, easy to make and full of flavor"