Start-Your-Engine Salad Recipe
Darlis Wilfer of Phelps, Wisconsin contributes a sensational salad to our menu. Her sweet-and-sour carrot dressing perfectly complements a combination of lettuce, tomatoes and peppers.
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- For dressing, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until smooth. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, peppers, Parmesan cheese and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Start-Your-Engine Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p49
Reviews for Start-Your-Engine Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2010
great salad, perfect for this summers fresh grown garden vegetables...very refreshing, easy to make and full of flavor