It only takes a few moments to stir up this hearty Stroganoff when you have a portion of Amie's basic beef mix on hand. Simply combine it with canned mushrooms and a few other items, and simmer gently. Then ladle servings over cooked noodles for a sensational supper in no time.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 portion Basic Beef Starter, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the beef starter and
- mushrooms. Add the bouillon and Worcestershire sauce. Combine flour
- and water until smooth; stir into the beef mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese
- until melted. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now