Start-Ahead Stroganoff Recipe
It only takes a few moments to stir up this hearty Stroganoff when you have a portion of Amie's basic beef mix on hand. Simply combine it with canned mushrooms and a few other items, and simmer gently. Then ladle servings over cooked noodles for a sensational supper in no time.
- 1 portion Basic Beef Starter, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the beef starter and mushrooms. Add the bouillon and Worcestershire sauce. Combine flour and water until smooth; stir into the beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Start-Ahead Stroganoff
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2013
"Loved this recipe and I have made it since 02'. Realized they for got to include that the beef starter also makes Beef Stuffed Peppers which is also on their web-site."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC