Start-Ahead Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 portion Basic Beef Starter, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the beef starter and mushrooms. Add the bouillon and Worcestershire sauce. Combine flour and water until smooth; stir into the beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Start-Ahead Stroganoff
Sort By :
Loved this recipe and I have made it since 02'. Realized they for got to include that the beef starter also makes Beef Stuffed Peppers which is also on their web-site.