A star design made with fresh berries gave this dessert a patriotic personality for our parade of holiday foods! Everyone loved the creamy filling and rich fruit flavors. It's impressive-looking but not difficult to make. -Laurie Neverman, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1-2/3 cups raspberry pie filling
- 1-2/3 cups blueberry pie filling
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries, optional
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and vanilla on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until set. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with raspberry pie filling. Top with second cake layer; spread with 1-2/3 cups of pudding mixture. Top with third cake layer; spread with blueberry pie filling. Top with remaining cake layer and pudding mixture.
- Place blueberries around top edge of cake and form a star with blueberries and raspberries if desired. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Originally published as Stars and Stripes Torte in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Stars and Stripes Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review