Stars and Stripes Parfaits Recipe
From Big Rock, Virginia, Mrs. Fred Stacy suggests, "Bright berries make this rice pudding perfectly patriotic."
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1. In a saucepan, simmer rice, milk, cream and sugar, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount into egg yolks; return all to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool.
- 2. Spoon half of the blueberries into five parfait glasses. Top with half of the pudding mixture and half of the raspberries. Repeat layers. Top with whipped cream and toasted almonds if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 389 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Stars and Stripes Parfaits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC