Stars and Stripes Parfaits
From Big Rock, Virginia, Mrs. Fred Stacy suggests, "Bright berries make this rice pudding perfectly patriotic."
5 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a saucepan, simmer rice, milk, cream and sugar, uncovered, for 20
- minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Stir a small
- amount into egg yolks; return all to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Spoon half of the blueberries into five parfait glasses. Top with
- half of the pudding mixture and half of the raspberries. Repeat
- layers. Top with whipped cream and toasted almonds if desired.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 389 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.