Stars and Stripes Parfaits Recipe
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1. In a saucepan, simmer rice, milk, cream and sugar, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount into egg yolks; return all to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool.
- 2. Spoon half of the blueberries into five parfait glasses. Top with half of the pudding mixture and half of the raspberries. Repeat layers. Top with whipped cream and toasted almonds if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 389 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Stars and Stripes Parfaits
"I love this recipe and made this with black berries and strawberries. It is colorful!"