- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Sweetened whipped cream and toasted chopped almonds, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine rice, milk, cream and sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer. Cook, uncovered, until rice is soft, about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. In a small bowl, stir a small amount into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool completely.
- Layer half of the blueberries, half of the rice pudding and half of the raspberries into six parfait glasses. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, top with whipped cream and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Stars and Stripes Parfaits in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p67
Reviews for Stars and Stripes Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2011
"I love this recipe and made this with black berries and strawberries. It is colorful!"