From Big Rock, Virginia, Mrs. Fred Stacy suggests, "Bright berries make this rice pudding perfectly patriotic."
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a saucepan, simmer rice, milk, cream and sugar, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount into egg yolks; return all to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool.
- Spoon half of the blueberries into five parfait glasses. Top with half of the pudding mixture and half of the raspberries. Repeat layers. Top with whipped cream and toasted almonds if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Stars and Stripes Parfaits in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p67
Reviews for Stars and Stripes Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review