Stars and Stripes Forever Dessert Recipe
Served with a creamy, full-bodied dip, sugared puff pastry stars and a fresh berry medley make a festive dessert. It's pretty, delicious and easy to prepare for the Fourth of July or any summer gathering. —Gail Sykora, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured star-shaped cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush lightly with water and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine berries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Place sour cream in a small serving bowl; fold in whipped cream.
- Place bowl on a serving platter. Spoon berry mixture onto platter; top with pastry stars. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Stars and Stripes Forever Dessert in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p68
Reviews for Stars and Stripes Forever Dessert(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2011
Loved it!!! Even the pickiest eater in the house couldn't get enough!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >