These Mexican-style snacks will surely add sparkle to a slumber party spread! To make them, our home economists lined muffin cups with tortilla shells, then filled each with a not-too-spicy beef mixture kids can garnish with cheese, lettuce and other toppings. For tasty dippers besides, you could serve the cutout stars with salsa.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, ketchup, chili powder and salt; heat through.
- Cut each tortilla into a 4-in. square; set scraps aside. Microwave eight squares at a time for 20 seconds. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups; set aside.
- Cut tortilla scraps into stars with a 1-in. cookie cutter; place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
- Fill each tortilla cup with 2 tablespoons meat mixture. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown. Serve with toppings of your choice; garnish with toasted stars. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Starry Night Taco Cups in Country Woman January/February 2000, p19
Reviews for Starry Night Taco Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review