Starry Night Taco Cups Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, ketchup, chili powder and salt; heat through.
- Cut each tortilla into a 4-in. square; set scraps aside. Microwave eight squares at a time for 20 seconds. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups; set aside.
- Cut tortilla scraps into stars with a 1-in. cookie cutter; place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
- Fill each tortilla cup with 2 tablespoons meat mixture. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown. Serve with toppings of your choice; garnish with toasted stars. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Starry Night Taco Cups
Sort By :
"These taco cups were so easy! And they were a big hit with my 2 kids. I didn't use the taco mix the recipe calls for. Instead I had leftover chicken taco filling from the Taste of Home recipe for "Lime Chicken Tacos". I used this instead and they came out amazing! I'll be making these again."