Starry Fruit Soup Recipe
"If you want to make a soup that your children will love, try this cool and refreshing summer blend," recommends Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. The impressive star design is simple to create with sweetened sour cream.
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced pears, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Strain to remove seeds if desired. Chill until serving.
- 2. Combine sour cream and sugar until smooth; place in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe two thin concentric circles 1/2 in. apart on top of each bowl of soup. Beginning with the center circle, gently pull a toothpick through both circles toward outer edge. Wipe toothpick clean. Draw toothpick from outer edge of bowl back to center. Repeat to complete star pattern. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 228 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC