- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced pears, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Strain to remove seeds if desired. Chill until serving.
- Combine sour cream and sugar until smooth; place in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe two thin concentric circles 1/2 in. apart on top of each bowl of soup. Beginning with the center circle, gently pull a toothpick through both circles toward outer edge. Wipe toothpick clean. Draw toothpick from outer edge of bowl back to center. Repeat to complete star pattern. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Starry Fruit Soup
"I loved this recipe! I never thought of making fruit soup before! It had a very unique flavor with the pears. My siblings loved it and I made it again the next day. I love fruit, and this soup can easily be drank in a cup. It is a quick snack, I would definitely recommend. I accidentally used unsweetened raspberries, so if that is all you have, try adding a tablespoon or less of sugar to the mix. I did not try the sour cream star, would be pretty for company but not something I would think worthwhile for everyday use."
"This is really unusual and very tasty! I have made it a few times and my family and guests have loved it. The presentation is beautiful and very impressive looking."