Starry Fruit Punch
Besides quenching a hot day's thirst, details Betty Romine of Lake Jackson, Texas, her fruity beverage saves time in the kitchen, too. "For the star-shaped molds, you just mix and freeze three basic ingredients," she describes. "The punch goes together quickly as well—making it ideal for lots of occasions."
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 packages (.23 ounces each) unsweetened lime soft drink mix
- 6 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6-1/2 cups cold water
- 6 ounces limeade concentrate
- 6 ounces lemonade concentrate
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- In a bowl, dissolve sugar and drink mix in water. Pour into twelve
- 1/2-cup star-shaped molds or one 6-cup mold. Freeze overnight.
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water. Stir
- in cold water and concentrates. Chill.
- Transfer to a punch bowl just before serving; stir in pineapple juice
- and ginger ale. Add three small ice molds or one large mold.
- Replenish small ice molds as needed. Yield: 4 quarts.