Starry Cheese Spread Recipe
Horseradish gives zip to this tasty cheese star that'll add sparkle to your holiday table. The creamy mixture is terrific served with crackers, raw vegetables or on the appetizers that make up the tempting Party Sandwich Tree.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:27 servings
- 6 cups (24 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Sliced pimientos, yellow pepper strips and one pimiento-stuffed olive slice
- 1. In a bowl, beat cheeses, butter, horseradish, apple juice and olives on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on high until almost smooth. Press 3/4 cup into a 4-in. star-shaped mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill for 3 hours or until set.
- 2. Refrigerate remaining cheese mixture for another use or for the Party Sandwich Tree (recipe also in Recipe Finder). Run a sharp knife around mold to loosen cheese spread and unmold. Garnish with pimientos, peppers and olive. Yield: about 3-3/4 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 119 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC