- 6 cups (24 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Sliced pimientos, yellow pepper strips and one pimiento-stuffed olive slice
- In a bowl, beat cheeses, butter, horseradish, apple juice and olives on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on high until almost smooth. Press 3/4 cup into a 4-in. star-shaped mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill for 3 hours or until set.
- Refrigerate remaining cheese mixture for another use or for the Party Sandwich Tree (recipe also in Recipe Finder). Run a sharp knife around mold to loosen cheese spread and unmold. Garnish with pimientos, peppers and olive. Yield: about 3-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Starry Cheese Spread in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p9
Reviews for Starry Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review