Horseradish gives zip to this tasty cheese star that'll add sparkle to your holiday table. The creamy mixture is terrific served with crackers, raw vegetables or on the appetizers that make up the tempting Party Sandwich Tree.
- 6 cups (24 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Sliced pimientos, yellow pepper strips and one pimiento-stuffed olive slice
- In a bowl, beat cheeses, butter, horseradish, apple juice and olives on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on high until almost smooth. Press 3/4 cup into a 4-in. star-shaped mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill for 3 hours or until set.
- Refrigerate remaining cheese mixture for another use or for the Party Sandwich Tree (recipe also in Recipe Finder). Run a sharp knife around mold to loosen cheese spread and unmold. Garnish with pimientos, peppers and olive. Yield: about 3-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Starry Cheese Spread in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p9
Reviews for Starry Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review