Star-Studded Blueberry Pie Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and salt; toss gently. Let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Dot with butter; flute edges.
- 2. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. From remaining pastry, cut out 15 large stars with a 2-in. cookie cutter and 15 small stars with a 1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Randomly place stars over cooled pie. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 424 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Star-Studded Blueberry Pie
"Made this with frozen black raspberries - the "crust stars" on top are very festive - pie was a HIT!"
"This was so delicious! I don't usually like blueberrys but I really liked this recipie. My family enjoyed it so much that we finished it all that night."
"Pastry for a double-crust pie is Pie crust, I suggest you buy a box of Pillsbury Roll-out in the dairy isle of your local store."
"I am going to make this for my family but I have one question. What is Pastry for double-crust pie? Help me please!"
"I have not made this but it sounds great. Iwould like to know if you let the frozenberry thaw out before using then ."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.