Star-Spangled Parfaits Recipe
The best time for this dessert is mid-summer, when the blueberries are thick in our northern woods. Red raspberries can be added to the mixed berries, too, to brighten up the patriotic colors.—Anne Theriault, Wellesley, Massachusetts
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat raspberry walnut vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) fat-free strawberry Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- Finely shredded unsweetened coconut, optional
- 1. Place strawberries and blueberries in separate bowls. Drizzle each with 2 teaspoons vinaigrette; toss to coat. In a small bowl, mix yogurt and mint.
- 2. Spoon strawberries into four parfait glasses. Layer each with yogurt mixture and blueberries. If desired, top with coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
1 parfait: 172 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Star-Spangled Parfaits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC