The best time for this dessert is mid-summer, when the blueberries are thick in our northern woods. Red raspberries can be added to the mixed berries, too, to brighten up the patriotic colors.Anne Theriault, Wellesley, Massachusetts
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat raspberry walnut vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) fat-free strawberry Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- Finely shredded unsweetened coconut, optional
- Place strawberries and blueberries in separate bowls. Drizzle each
- with 2 teaspoons vinaigrette; toss to coat. In a small bowl, mix
- yogurt and mint.
- Spoon strawberries into four parfait glasses. Layer each with yogurt
- mixture and blueberries. If desired, top with coconut. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 parfait equals 172 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.