The best time for this dessert is mid-summer, when the blueberries are thick in our northern woods. Red raspberries can be added to the mixed berries, too, to brighten up the patriotic colors.—Anne Theriault, Wellesley, Massachusetts
Featured In: 37 Easy Breakfast Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat raspberry walnut vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) fat-free strawberry Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- Unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
- Place strawberries and blueberries in separate bowls. Drizzle each with 2 teaspoons vinaigrette; toss to coat. In a small bowl, mix yogurt and mint.
- Spoon strawberries into four parfait glasses. Layer each with yogurt mixture and blueberries. If desired, top with coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Star-Spangled Parfaits in Country Woman June/July 2013, p37
Reviews for Star-Spangled Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review